Oak Grove is seeking a Senior Instructional Systems Designer (ISD) to design and develop instructor-led (synchronous, traditional classroom) and eLearning (asynchronous, self-paced) training programs.
Location: Oak Ridge, TN
In this role the Senior ISD will lead the production of interactive, Section 508-compliant, SCORM-conformant learning solutions that support the performance outcomes and requirements of internal and external customers using the Oak Grove application of the ADDIE (Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement, and Evaluate) ISD Model. The Senior ISD will work with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) to gather and analyze requirements and work closely with the Project Manager to monitor and control schedule and scope. As such, this individual is expected to possess a take-charge personality using resourcefulness and initiative to troubleshoot and resolve issues. Responsible for quality assurance during the execution of all phases of production, including responsibility for adhering to schedules, assigning tasks to team members, monitoring receipt and delivery of project materials.
Duties and responsibilities:
Act as liaison between Oak Grove Technologies and the customer’s major point of contact for the course under development.
Participate in face-to-face meetings and teleconferences with internal and external development teams, prepare agenda and record minutes.
Develop and maintain schedules of deliverables, project/work plans.
Supervise an instructional designer in the design and development of courseware, including requirements and gap analyses, asset management, and evaluations.
Collaborate effectively with Subject Matter Expert/s (SME) to conduct needs/audience analysis, develop training objectives and course/product outline, design course/product content, and assessment items. This includes compiling and organizing information and writing and editing instructional materials to adapt classroom-based courseware and products, reference documents, and raw materials into clear, effective, interactive instructional content.
Master’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required in the area/areas of Learning Sciences, Educational Evaluation, Instructional Design, Instructional Product Development, or Instructional Technology
Experience designing training for the federal government clientele is preferred.
- Knowledge of nuclear safety and operations is highly desirable.
- The ability to design simple training that conveys complex concepts required.
- Knowledge of Adult Learning Principles required.
- Knowledge of the SCORM standard required.
- Extensive experience utilizing the ADDIE ISD Model for producing training programs.
- Highly proficient in Articulate Storyline 2 and Adobe Captivate quick authoring tools.
- Experience producing interactive training utilizing one or more specialized delivery modes, such as instructor-led, Web Based, and/or Video Based Training.
- The ability to develop assessment instructions for formative, summative, and confirmative evaluations.
- Strong client-centric consulting skills, with an emphasis on real world, practical problem solving.
- Ability to direct and manage all aspects of the design and development for an e-Learning project for all Interactive Multimedia Instruction levels of interactivity.
- Ability to identify, document, and communicate training requirements, issues and resolve conflicts as needed.
- Ability to lead and coach internal and external organizations through the creation of complex training projects and/or transformations.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the key skills to work both independently and in teams to properly deliver project-based solutions at both the strategic and detailed task level.
- Fluent in English (Must have excellent written and oral communications skills)
- Strong Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)