(Contract with the FBI)
Oak Grove Technologies has a pending contract for a Gunsmith II opportunity with the FBI.
This role will start out in Quantico, VA and then there is an anticipated move to Huntsville, AL at some point during the performance of this contract. The contractor will be given the option to relocate (at no additional cost to the Government) at this time or be allowed to exit the contract.
- Capable of being awarded a Secret Security Clearance
- Must have a valid Glock armorer certificate, with Remington 870 Shotgun armorer, and/or Colt Pattern Carbine armorer certification preferred
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of FBI issued or approved Glock pistols – including operating controls, disassembly and assembly, safety systems, and safe handling methods
- Ability to use computers, including the preparation of documents and inputting data. Knowledge of Microsoft Office is preferred, but not required
- Demonstrate substantial knowledge (which includes the ability to disassemble and perform all repairs without additional guidance or instruction) of firearms repair and maintenance procedures for the Glock pistol, Remington 870 Shotgun, and Colt pattern carbine, including valid certification as a Glock Pistol armorer, with Remington 870 Shotgun armorer, and/or Colt Pattern Carbine armorer certification preferred.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of FBI issued or approved Glock pistols - such knowledge must include operating controls, disassembly and assembly, safety systems, and safe handling methods, as well as the ability to diagnose malfunctions and other functional problems. Demonstrated ability must include the process for refurbishing these pistols, including refinishing and restoring to like-new mechanical condition.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of FBI shoulder fired weapons, including Colt pattern carbines, and Remington Model 870 shotguns. Demonstrated knowledge must include the process for rebuilding these firearms from a stripped receiver.
Background & Responsibilities:
Gunsmiths are required to assist in the operation of the Weapons Management Facility (WMF) in repairing and maintaining weapons, conducting inventories, securing FBI property, and performing repairs on FBI owned or approved firearms. The purpose of this contract includes, but is not limited to, support of the FBI's Agent issued and Personally Owned Weapons Program (POW), New Agent training weapons, HRT/CIRG/SOU weapons, and special projects as assigned. These efforts are to support the Defensive Systems Unit (DSU), located at the FBI Academy in Quantico, Virginia, or at other locations in the Continental United States as required. The Defensive Systems Unit anticipates relocating to Huntsville AL during the performance of this contract. The contractor will be given the option to relocate (at no additional cost to the Government) at this time or be allowed to exit the contract through the issuance of a bilateral modification.
Contract Gunsmith Services involve the repair, rebuilding, and maintenance of FBI owned or approved firearms; including pistols (Glock and 1911 pattern pistols), shotguns (Remington Model 870), Colt pattern carbines, and other specialized weapons as assigned. Weapon refinishing and machining of weapons/parts may be required in the performance of these tasks.