Oak Grove Technologies is seeking a full-time Rangemaster.
Inspects, tests, maintains, stores, and prepares for use various firearms used in marksmanship training. Cleans, stores, and maintains weapons according to technical manuals and local regulations. Maintains and prepares for use computerized turning target system and mechanical target controlling equipment. Trouble-shoots, repairs, and replaces parts of motors, electronic equipment and communications equipment using hand tools and standard testing equipment. Utilizing hand and power tools, completely disassembles, cleans, identifies problems, makes appropriate field and bench repairs by installing new parts, reassembles and retests training, duty/training weapons and magazines according to applicable weapon manufacturers specifications and recommendations. Organizes, maintains and controls proper storage and computerized accurate inventory of weapons, ammunition, and unexploded ordinance and related material. Issues/collects and is accountable for all weapons and ammunition used. Maintains accurate inventory and stores in bunkers provided.
Firearms Range Master/Certified Armorer must possess the following minimum requirements:
(1) At least two years’ experience in weapons maintenance and gun repair for semi-automatic handguns, rifles, shotguns and specialized weapons systems.
(2) Experience in range operations (military or police).
(3) Graduate of a recognized agency Gun Smith/Armorer or Range master school for law enforcement, i.e., National Rifle Association, military service school, federal service school, etc.
(4) Ability to complete government provided training and perform Hazardous Waste Satellite Accumulation Area and Universal Hazardous Waste management responsibilities in accordance with the FLETC-OAO Hazardous Waste Management Plan provided in Section J – Attachment 71.
(5) A detailed resume containing the same information specified for supervisory employees must be submitted for each Range master to the Contracting Officer or his designee for approval prior to the assignment of that Range master to the contract.
Note 1: The range masters must have training and certification in accordance with the Code of Federal Regulations
Location: Artesia, NM Federal Law Enforcement Training Center
Pay: $20.89/hour + a “health and welfare” credit of $4.41/hour