Oak Grove Technologies is seeking a Level III Gunsmith for the FBI in Quantico, Virginia.
Please send your resume to Nora.Raj@oakgrovetech.com to be considered.
- Document graduation from the Colorado School of Trades, Technical Studies Degree in Gunsmithing, or an equivalent program (Associate Degree level).
- Demonstrate substantial knowledge (which includes the ability to disassemble and perform all repairs, including machining where required, without additional guidance or instruction) of firearms repair and maintenance procedures, to include a valid certification as a gunsmith or armorer for firearms to include Glock pistols; Remington Model 870 Shotguns; Remington Model 700 rifles; Colt pattern carbines; and 1911-style pistols.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of FBI issued or approved Glock and 1911 style pistols - such knowledge must include operating controls, disassembly and assembly, safety systems, and safe handling methods, as well as the ability to diagnose malfunctions and other functional problems. Demonstrated ability must include the process for refurbishing these pistols, including refinishing and restoring to like-new mechanical condition.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of FBI shoulder fired weapons, including Colt pattern carbines, Remington Model 870 shotguns, and Remington Model 700 rifles. Demonstrated knowledge must include the process for rebuilding these firearms from a stripped receiver.
- Successful completion of the United States Marine Corps, Weapons Training Battalion, Precision Weapon Section, Machine Shop portion of the USMC Precise Weapons Repair Course (20 weeks), or equivalent weapons-related certified machinist training.
- Repair, rebuild, and maintain Glock pistols, 1911 style pistols, Remington 870 shotguns, Colt pattern carbines, and Remington 700 style bolt action rifles.
- Ability to perform precision weapon modifications and machine or create weapon parts using lathes, milling machines, and other machine shop equipment